Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Reporter Extraordinaire

In second year at creative communications students are asked to choose between Journalism, Advertising, Public Relations, and Media Production. At first I was journalism all the way. I loved conducting interviews, writing the stories, and most of all being in front of the camera. But as the deadline drew closer I began to question my intentions. I could go into journalism for attention but then my creativity would be compromised as far as design and creative writing. Also the fact that only a small portion of students ever get to actually be on air played into consideration, that and the shitty pay (duh). Ultimately I decided to go into advertising because I knew I would be good at it and I could still take Steve Vogelsang’s Sports Journalism class which was a great experience. We did three separate video stories in which I wrote, shot, and edited without any prior experience. So check them out if you like or don't, see if I care.





No comments:

Post a Comment