Wednesday, April 13, 2011

MCG Biography

So I was asked at work to come up with a little bio about myself and how i got to where I am now, here's what I came up with...



I’ve been at MCG for three days now and I couldn’t be happier, but that’s not really a surprise. If you put a bunch of sweet hardworking people in a sweet hard wooded office the results are bound to be awesome. Currently I am working with the very hip and web savvy Tamara Bodi on public relations projects and operating various social media platforms. I am finding the experience to be incredibly valuable, primarily because it’s ridiculous to deny that the future of this industry lies online not to mention the ability to operate social media these days is pretty much the equivalent of speaking Latin in the early 1900’s.

If someone told me in high school that I would be pursuing a career in this industry I would have laughed in their face. See the thing is I grew up with parents whose divorce seemed to last for 15 years. I would constantly be dragged along to meetings with each of their lawyers and over time developed a fascination with the law. This would not only change my life but also my television habits, going from Ninja Turtles to Law & Order. I took myself way too seriously for the majority of my childhood under the impression that I would become a lawyer and fix my parents marriage. It wasn’t until university that reality set in and I realized I could no longer suppress the creative monster growing inside of me. I started acting, drawing, writing scripts and doing stand-up comedy. For a while things were going pretty great in school, getting the best of both worlds, studying criminology as well as taking creative writing and film studies classes.

When judgment day came I had to make a serious decision as to which direction my life was going. I applied to law school and Creative Communications at the same time and left it up to fate. Law school rejected me and Creative Communications accepted me. I immediately gravitated towards advertising, probably because I was already desensitized to emotion and thrived on manipulation.

Overall I really couldn’t be happier with how things turned out, my parents have since remarried and I feel my future is relatively promising but only time will tell. Well that’s my story and I look forward to meeting you all in the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment